Assistance with Mordaunt Short Pageant Series 2

Check your auto shop for a similarly specified sealant.
You've nothing to lose by trying it as the Granville type sealant dries like rubber and can be peeled back off the tweeter.
Just a suggestion. Could save a lot of heartache and is reversible.
Hi Galu.
Sorry for the delay.
I have more going on than I can deal with, but have progressed with the Mordaunt Shorts.
Digikey were excellent. I ordered via the U.S. store and parts arrived within 5 days.
As recommended I secured a pair of the Visation SC 10 N - 8 OHM tweeters,
I hooked them up and played them through the speakers which I had previously wired with the replacement caps & toggle switches.
The speakers were lying on their backs with the tweeters in position with gravity.
They came alive with full range sound. :)(y)
It wasn't a critical sound test as the round tweeters were sitting over square depressions.
Being sealed boxes I'm sure the air leakage would have affected the resultant sound.
I'm now in the process of filling the countersunk square depressions.
After sanding I'll repaint the baffles matt black.
I'll be using the JB Weld RTV clear silicone adhesive to finally fix the tweeters and will shortly source suitable screws to finish the appearance.
Then I can give them a critical listen.

Another pair of vintage speakers saved thanks to your contributions as well as that from the lads (and ladies). :cheers:
Many thanks to all.
I'll report when I can give them a final test.

PS: I also ordered the Peerless Tymphany Tweeters from Digikey to restore the TDL Loudspeakers.
Will also report when I have further news.

:)

Attachments

• ophelia repair.jpg
    ophelia repair.jpg
    456.6 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the update, Cliff.

I've truly been waiting with baited breathe!

My fingers are crossed that the tweeters will be adequately supported by the adhesive and the short screws.

Perhaps, in order to help ensure a firm attachment, it would be best to fit the screws before the adhesive cures?

Reactions: 1 user