Ashley crossovers

It would appear that the Ashley 4001 analogue crossover is available new now from China...and very sensibly priced!

But the manual is not clear. I understand it's a 4 way stereo device but my question is can it be used as a 3 way stereo crossover by ignoring the first low out section?

Thanks!

Its an all analogue crossover with state variable filters and adjustable filter damping at crossover point although the slopes are all ultimately LR 24dB/oct.

Not sure where you got the idea it was digital in any way??

But doesn't answer my question re:application as a 3 way stereo...

Thanks anyway...

Well, opinions vary of course!

Not even sure what you mean by "knock offs". Virtually every leading manufacturer of pro audio who wants to stay in business has their products made in China. I don't blame them either, the product is usually better made, more consistent and often populated with higher spec components.

The Ashley Crossovers supplied from China are identical in appearance and spec to the Ashley products so my assumption is they are having them made in China, although I generally don't make assumptions.

Anyway, I attach an image of the spec sheet (as per the Ashley site, I see no mention of digital anywhere..because it isn't!)

And it still doesn't clarify if I can implement the 4 way stereo 4001 model as a 3 way stereo ...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-20 14.05.44.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-20 14.05.44.png
    135.1 KB · Views: 110
Thank you.

I did wonder about that..so it seems, no, is the answer!

It certainly makes no mention of 3 way in the spec. which is why I asked...

I have a pair of Rane ac23's which can do 3 way, mono 4& 5 so probably stick with them. Managed to set my 3 way system up on ARTA and Omnimic v2 juggling MF delay with a bit of eq from a parametric (tl Audio) to obtain a flat minimum phase response.

Just intrigued how the Rane "delay" feature would compare to the Ashley adjustable filter damping. I sense one could end up in the same place, just a different route!