Are these for real?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
dnsey said:
He doesn' even know what colour they are!

He's selling the black ones. They also come in mahogany.

Where can I get some of this non-wooden mahogany? [/B]

He states there is no wood members inside the cabinet. There are concrete deflectors.

I think before you go public with your comments, you should consider reading the info twice.

Cal

He's selling the black ones. They also come in mahogany.
Yes, I know. But then why mention how good they look in mahogany?
He states there is no wood members inside the cabinet
"The enclosure has no wood or wood products within it"
Doesn't the top of the enclosure count, then?
I'd be very interested to know what other material is used (I know the 'reflectors' are concrete, but it's a fair feat if the whole folded pipe is a concrete casting.
My comments were intended to be taken with a pinch of salt, but then I suggest doing the same with the advertising material for these speakers.
BTW, most of the journal articles referred to are their own adverts!

anyone interested in this sort of TL design.. ie the 5 x concrete reflectors should look at the "Kappelmeister" design by ? ? Capel.
(can't find the book at the moment)

yep they work ok, but world's best.. what a load of rubbish,

and probably a copyright infringement at that !!! It appears they have basically just copied the design. even to using a 6 x 9 driver, and without even giving creds where due.....******* !!!!

Apart from blatent commercial plagiarism, :mad: cf. Capel 1987 "Kappelmeister", anyone notice while browsing the Resolution site (you did go and look, right? You owe it to yourself if you want a smile or two...) that the retail on these "worlds best loudspeakers" is a measly £1200, but the auction starts at £1400?
Blatent commercial plagiarism and - gasp! Profiteering! :eek:

You know, there is a part of me that almost takes the hat off to people like this. If there are mugs willing to pay a fortune for this... (I'm not sure what to call it, frankly), then more fool them. I find it comforting though that few, if any, have yet spent their hard-earned.

Note I said 'almost'. It's disgusting to put it mildly that this sort of thing is allowed to go on. Blatant racketeering, and that's putting it as politely as I can. Hark! Is that the sound of Mephisopholes counting the ill-gotten gains?

Best
Scott

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.