are there any prebuilt 30w-50w modules to be found?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
multiple speakers & biamping are NOT an option as i've ALREADY bought a pair of lightweight 93dB efficient Pyle Pro PDWR63 outdoor speakers.

i want NOTHING to do with paypal OR ebay after both tried to scam me TWICE... fool me twice and you can eff off and die! LOL

beware of connexelectronics too. i just tried to message them at their site (not that they ever answer) and discovered a TROJAN HORSE!

if only 41Hz would BUILD their amps too.

really, i'd just like to use the 500w trailer system i could build in just a couple hours but can't use now because my landlords installed a bulky new railing system with a tight mesh grill so i can't get my trailer out of the door and i can't find a storage unit either as they all lock their doors at 8:00pm here.

i only wanted to go back to an on bike system because there's no way i can build my trailer and actually use it. now that i'm committed to a bike system, i can't do that either because flimsy, breaks in under a year, underpowered, $15 more expensive than the original $30 dayton sonic impact clones are the ONLY option.

if only a LEGIT company would sell assembled 50wpc+ modules without scampal & crapbay.

no matter HOW i try to street party, someone puts a roadblock in my path. it's getting beyond annoying.

Last edited:
beware of connexelectronics too. i just tried to message them at their site (not that they ever answer) and discovered a TROJAN HORSE!

Just to voice an opposing view, I've had only positive end user experiences when dealing with Cristi (from Connexelectronic.com). Yes, there is/was a glitch with the site e-commerce software, "which doesn't remove the purchased items from the basket", but a direct communication with Cristi and the problem was solved.

It's clear that Cristi's strength and focus is with the technical and engineering side of things, rather than being a smooth talking sales person. The products, in my experience, are first class and excellent value: and that matters!

Good luck with your ongoing project.

Robert_S

Is that bad? :confused:

The chip used has VERY tiny pins. If you buy a kit and someone solders it for "free" if they mess it up they have no liability.

I ordered 3 of the kits, had a friend solder the chips with his hot air station <I don't have one of those> and I soldered the rest of the descrete components. They were very difficult as a first time project.

Anyway I posted on 41Hz forum about having the kit assembled and the quote I got was for more than the actual kit NOT including shipping to and from the UK.

So to put a direction to this post, a "paid for service" is relatively expensive, so I would be leery of "freebies".

It might be genuine, but I would really have to check it out first.

Just my :2c:

after all the trouble i've had getting scammed at ebay/paypal, i refuse to purchase ANYTHING through a third party ever again. if there's no store front to be liable for it's sales, i'm not rolling the dice anymore.

in looking around at TNT''s website (because they like to review class D gear) i read a favorable review for 41hz's AMP 6 with mention of other "2020" based tripath amps and when i stopped using the apparently "too logical" +"class D" amplifier modules search terms and switched to 2020 tripath, started finding a bunch of new companies that sell class D amps & kits. i'm guessing i'll just buy an over priced and underpowered 20wpc amp from p-mac audio whose page refuses to load now for some reason. maybe it's that trojan doing some payback. i'd finally use my outdoor speakers as i'm not buying another disposable sonic impact or clone again. my entire summer has been wasted TRYING to get a rolling bike system and getting blocked at every turn.

if only SOMEONE would sell ready to wire 50wpc+ amp modules in the $100 or less range without BS hoops to jump through i could be COMPROMISING a reasonable amount instead of buying something i don't really want because that's the ONLY option. 20wpc is just not enough for outdoor riding in front of night clubs by a mile. it's no different than a sonic impact's puny 15wpc really. i'm looking to COMPETE with all the local crap DJs who wouldn't know a FUNKY, UPBEAT DANCEABLE beat if they tripped over it. techno & wanna be gangsta my back side.

Everybody else around here manages to deal with the world as it is and build equipment that sounds pretty good.

There's nothing in any way difficult about building an Amp 6. No tiny surface mount parts. All through-hole except for four chunky diodes. Just get a $10 Radio Shack soldering iron and have at it. A couple hours later you'll be playing music and feeling good.

Keep in mind that it takes ten times the wattage to double the sound level. So 50 vs 20 isn't what it seems like by just looking at the numbers. Running the thing on batteries, you're probably better off with the lower wattage anyway.

--Buckapound

Yep, the amp 32 is hard. I just bought a stereo microscope to help with the small surface mount stuff. Really designed for robots to build. Hard for humans, especially with old eyes.

You shoulda seen the mess I made trying to put that amp 32 together with silver solder. Got it working, though.

--Buckapound

I built 3 but I haven't tested them yet.. Still scared I guess. Never had a build fail yet and don't want this to be my first...

i had a bisquit of a time finding the the assembled amp 6, and even after i did, i can no longer find specs for it. what is the output power? isn't it just another one of their scrawny 15wpc variations? i'm pretty sure it is because it's 14v and from what i recall, any of their amps with any guts are 30v+.

i want AT LEAST 50wpc, especially now that i have to return the pyle speakers because they can't be 93dB. my tiny little superzeros sound just as loud and even have more bass extension.

if i thought i could make it work with batteries, i'd just buy a blaupunkt 50wpc class D car amp, but those are supposed to have at least 20 amps at 12v.

it's too late anyways... it's already started raining here. my entire cruising season has been totally wasted. i think i'll just move to a 1st floor apartment next year so i can build my 500w trailer system like i've indended to since i bought all of the parts and started building it LAST YEAR.

maybe i should have just bought a common 50wpc class A/B module instead of trying so hard to chase the impossible dream of a 50wpc class D module that just isn't going to happen.

Last edited:
There's someone on the 41hz forums who builds modules for a fee - don't know about payment method :spin:

Be careful with that.. You get what you pay for...

I see a misunderstanding - there are builders over at 41Hz that build FOR A FEE - i.e. a small price - not for free. :)

On another tangent ... there is an engineer mantra that I like:
Build it wrong, but build it

again... after all of the scamming i've dealt with at ebay, i won't deal with third parties. i'd only buy an assembled AMP 5 directly from 41Hz. dealing with individuals is just asking for trouble.

i'm just going to move next year and roll with my 500w trailer with front and back plasmaspere amps, a light tower with EL wire & color morphing LEDs with 4 LED projectors on top and possibly laser projectors too. i have a whole winter to plan and purchase.

if only the new railing system didn't block me in, i could have the trailer rolling in just a couple hours worth of final assembly. the "on bike" system was just a compromise. 500w bi-amped with a 10" sub & full party lighting is much better.

if you can't raise the bridge... lower the water, or in this case, the apartment. it's an expensive solution, but i don't like a few of my neighbors anyways.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.