Arcam alpha 7 CD 220v change to 110V

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is this easy to change the power input of this player from 220v. to 110v. (I live in Canada now)? I notice there are two fuse holder. One for 220V with a fuse in and the other for 110v and empty. Is it a matter of removing the 220v and putting a fuse of the correct value in the empty 110v fuse holder or is it more complicated than this? The player is rated at 220v. 50-60 Hz. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Pinkmouse,

I was surprised to find Arcam still supports a 10 year old CD player. My assumption was correct, just change the fuse and mains plug. I guess if I ever want to buy a second alpha 7 CD on Ebay it makes no difference if I buy it in the UK or North America. I just have to change the fuse. This site is great. It also showed me how to change the KSS 240A laser head. Saved myself $150 (Arcam's quote).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.