ARC style regulated psu, tubed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I like the ARC style, well regulated power supply. The only thing I hate, is the MOSFET, they use as series pass element.
I try use tube in that position. The circuit is not yet tested, because of my limited time.
Please comment the circuit! Is it worth, to try?

Sajti

Attachments

• 6550_tube_reg.png
    6550_tube_reg.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 103
There can be some planning decisions, I have to explain:

I use 6550, because I have some of them. And the parameters are ideal for this application. The power supply should give 330V/40mA. This means 120V on the 6550, and -Ug1 about -7-8V, which is acceptable for the opamp.
For lower output current ECC99/5687/ECC82 is useful as well.
I use no series pass triode, such as 6AS7G, because they need more negative grid voltage, which is out of the opamp's output range.
I use the 6550 as tetrode, not as triode. Triode connection can be more simple, without 100uF capacitor. But the additional filtering on the 2nd grid means much better ripple rejection without increasing the loop feedback.

Sajti

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.