• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Anyone with Madisound dealer status?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What am I doing that is inappropriate?

Really... you can't figure out what you are doing wrong? You are trying to screw Madisound out of some precious profit just because you are a cheap skate! By posting publicly about this kind of intention you are just making yourself look like a big (insert very insulting word here). Madisound is a company that supports DIY and supplies much of the USA with loudspeaker parts. Your post is like asking someone for advice on how to get in their little sister's pants. At some level of maturity you eventually figure out that is just wrong.

Mordikai,

I am not looking for a handout. Going to a dealer typically saves you a few bucks compared with direct-to-consumer pricing. It also helps out the dealer. That's all.

CharlieLaub,

I find your comments inappropriate, but still fail to see the offending issue with my request. How am I "screwing" Madisound out of profit? Should I only buy my electronics from Crutchfield at full MSRP, otherwise I am a cheapskate? Utilizing a dealer for products of this nature is the norm. That's my understanding, at least.

I mean, are Madisound dealers NOT supposed to sell to consumers? If a company has dealers, I assume it's to, you know, deal the product to the consumer. Hence, my reason for posting this thread.

Really... you can't figure out what you are doing wrong? You are trying to screw Madisound out of some precious profit just because you are a cheap skate! By posting publicly about this kind of intention you are just making yourself look like a big (insert very insulting word here). Madisound is a company that supports DIY and supplies much of the USA with loudspeaker parts. Your post is like asking someone for advice on how to get in their little sister's pants. At some level of maturity you eventually figure out that is just wrong.

LMAO

CharlieLaub,

I find your comments inappropriate, but still fail to see the offending issue with my request. How am I "screwing" Madisound out of profit? Should I only buy my electronics from Crutchfield at full MSRP, otherwise I am a cheapskate? Utilizing a dealer for products of this nature is the norm. That's my understanding, at least.

I mean, are Madisound dealers NOT supposed to sell to consumers? If a company has dealers, I assume it's to, you know, deal the product to the consumer. Hence, my reason for posting this thread.

Madisound is a reseller of goods manufactured by various companies. They don't manufacture much (if anything) themself. Any "dealer" of Madisound is not what you are thinking - they are NOT some kind of local representative of Madisound that resells the things that Madisound sells. These people would be something like an installer that gets a price break because they buy a sufficient amount of volume, for example like a small loudspeaker company - too small to buy direct from the manufacturer but doing enough purchasing to be eligible for a discount.

It sure sounded like your post was fishing for someone to give you a price break by buying whatever parts you wanted using their special "discount". That is probably breaking the contract terms with Madisound if anyone did that, and in fact because you are a "regular customer" who should buy directly from Madisound this would be in a sense cheating Madisound out of the higher amount of profit margin that they would get from your direct purchase. Because many people here rely on Madisound as the US dealer of various loudspeaker parts made by several notable companies, any "cheating" of Madisound like this will be viewed in a VERY unfavorable light.

If there was some misunderstanding on your part, you should make that very clear. However, let me be clear, you just joined this web site two days ago and one of your first posts looks very questionable... so what are we to think?

Madisound sells directly to the public. Just go to their web site and click "ADD TO CART" and you will find that you can buy all that you want. There is no "cheaper way". If you can't afford it, then make some other, more affordable, plans.

Aww, I missed all the good trollin'!

Anyway, you can also find used, or sometimes new, products for sale from other members here in the swap meet by using the search function.

Companies like Madisound that sell raw drivers and parts direct to the public for what is a niche market are somewhat of a rarity. Folks may get a little testy if they feel those companies threatened.

A positive you might take from the above lashing ( :D ) would be to consider how often you hear (or read) people defend Best Buy/ box stores with such vigor. Madisound is a generally well liked company. Think of it as a testimonial.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.