Anyone willing to build cabinets for me ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I wanted to explore the possibility of having somone build finished cabinets for me. That is the only one area about speaker building that I dont have access to.
This is for a pair of .75ft³ (21l) 2-way bookshelf. I live in MN and local would be my first preference but driving a bit out of town to pick up the cabinets or even having them shipped is fine with me. The woofer I am most interested in using is SB17. Tweeter TBD but one of these for sure - SB29, 27TD/TB, RS28, or a vifa - a typical 1-1/8" dome.

Just to give you an idea about what kind of look, feel and finish I have in mind, something like this -

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

So if anyone is interested could you please contact me ? I would like to get an idea of how much would it cost ? and what would be the availibility ?
I am in no rush though. The rest of the project would probably pick up speed only in late Jan or Feb so if the cabs are ready by then it would be great.

PM or Email me.
Thanks!
-Percy.

Percy- I'm a professional carpenter and lifelong Audio nut and have the shop, tools, and access to a wide range of materials; Tropical and temperate hardwoods, marine plywoods, etc. (I live in the wooden boat and woodworking capital of the west coast so local business caters to the needs). I've built many speaker cabinets for myself and am opening this up to other DIY's who dont have the time, tools , space , etc. and this could include wood-and metal cases for electronics, too. (A jewelry box for your gainclone. ?) PM me for e-mail contact, portfolio on request.

Nik Brewer over on part express forums builds great cabinets for people. Search the PE forums for him, you send him the drawings and he does whatever you want for a very good price. I had him build MTMM boxes for me last year and it was around $60 a box un finished.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
You guys should look into getting listed on the vendors forums!!!:D

There have been times I looked for similar services and couldn't find anyone and this single thread will be soon forgotten by many whereas a listing of your services could be found for a looooooog time to come. :cool:

Thanks. I will respond to all who have PM'd or emailed me.

Have you looked at Madisound and Parts Express for something suitable?

Yes. actually Zalytron and Meniscus as well. but all of their prices were quite a bit higher than PE. and for the PE cabinet I didn't quite completely like the finish and form factor. It seemed like a little too light of maple and the box a bit too wide than I like.

Nik Brewer over on part express forums builds great cabinets for people. Search the PE forums for him, you send him the drawings and he does whatever you want for a very good price. I had him build MTMM boxes for me last year and it was around $60 a box un finished.

There is another gentleman that does beautiful work there on the PE forum. R-Carpenter.He does some real nice veneer work as well.

Percy- I'm a professional carpenter and lifelong Audio nut and have the shop, tools, and access to a wide range of materials; Tropical and temperate hardwoods, marine plywoods, etc. (I live in the wooden boat and woodworking capital of the west coast so local business caters to the needs).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Snip~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woodenboat capitol of the West Coast?

Jeez, here I thought it was Hadlock.
:D

I'm just kidding, it probably is Pt.Townsend, although Seattle has it's share of boatbuilders and woodworkers as well.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.