Anyone using woofer tester 3? - little help needed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi,

i've been running some tests on drivers in particular a 4 inch mid. after running the tests for both free air and vas this is my results. These seem a little too strange - btw i ran the test several times and got very similar results - i also tried a few of these.

can someone confirm that i'm taking the right measurements as im ending up with a huge ported box with an f3 of 44 hz! and i'm exceeding xmax (3mm) with 5 watts!

the driver is a driver designed for a ported enclosure it has been run in for several months original spec show fs around 90hz, vas 1.6l but i'm reading 72hz and 5.9 litres.

note ive got piston diameter = to Dd - is that correct?

little help please,

heres the wt3 result.

Attachments

• wharfedale 4inch driver.JPG
    wharfedale 4inch driver.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
i'm going to remeasure a few of these to get an average for them, i have some used and some still in the boxes so ill do a comparison to work out what they are capable of. The only thing that concerns me is the fact that these little speaker if measurements are correct should be capable of very low bass for their size e.g 12 in a ported box in line configuration should get me 116db @ 1m from 50hz to crossover at 1khz according to winisd - seems too good to be true

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.