• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Anyone looking for a pair of Nos/Nib Tung-sol 6550s?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
pictures

Here is a few pictures

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 123
Please don't take offense JR as this is not directed at you, more of a gripe against the current trend of calling any tubes with boxes NOS/NIB , but I have to get this off my chest. NOS/NIB means NEW-OLD-STOCK, as in NEVER USED. These tubes have a nice white ring around the getter which indicates use. It would be great if tubes came with an odometer that stated how many miles were on them but they do not.

When tubes were being actively produced they were a commodity item; when they wore out you replaced them with a new set that you bought down the street at the drug store, no big deal. However, just like a car with 10,000 miles on it is not new even though "it looks brand new" then neither are tubes.

OK, rant over. Sorry but this new trend drives me nuts, if you went by looking at Epay then almost every tube that tests good is new-old-stock.:(

Aside from my above venting hope you find a home for them JR, those were great tubes!

... the current trend of calling any tubes with boxes NOS/NIB , but I have to get this off my chest. NOS/NIB means NEW-OLD-STOCK, as in NEVER USED. These tubes have a nice white ring around the getter which indicates use...

GE labeled 6550's in Sylvania boxes are a bit suspicious...
About use: the getter of my Tung-Sol made RCA 6550's just fades after heavy use, no white ring like the GE 6550a version. Is that a different getter composition or does the GE release more oxygen during use?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.