Anyone cared to pop-open his Sony Blu-Ray player for mods ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just got a Sony Blu Ray Player BDP-370 - the slimline from the Sony 370/470/570 series. Has anyone opened the unit to see what nice mods can be done to these units? BTW - I opened my few hrs old unit & there seems to be only 1 very densely populated fully SMT PCB.

I was actually looking for the Crystal on the board but couldn't find it & was a bit reluctant to further open the just received unit's PCB screws, remove multiple cabling blocks & check the underside of the only PCB out there.

Hence - was curious if anyone has done the honors over here.

A schematic of the 370 / 470 / 570 (anyone of these) would greatly help for looking at future mods and will be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance! :)

Cheers

Last edited:
A good place to start with any player is chassis dampening, especially directly under the optical mechanism.
SandyK

True, BUT the player's such a "slim-liner" that any appreciable layer of soundcoat that should do decent justice under the top-cover lid & the fella won't close at all.

I did manage to get the Service Manual. It looks as bad as a mobile phone's PCB - yikes!! :bigeyes:

True, BUT the player's such a "slim-liner" that any appreciable layer of soundcoat that should do decent justice under the top-cover lid & the fella won't close at all.

I did manage to get the Service Manual. It looks as bad as a mobile phone's PCB - yikes!! :bigeyes:

arupg
I use the space age 3M 2552 aluminium anti vibration tape. It's fairly thin, and quite soft, so it's easy to apply in strips. It's US$100 a roll, but not expensive if you share with others. It also works wonders on HDDs and CD/DVD ROMs.
3M will only sell direct to U.S. residents though.
3M distributors should be able to order it in.

SandyK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.