anybody doing non audio related diy projects

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Of course, this is what life is all about. You have to buy the occasional not-authorized (by the finance manager) transformer once in a while, but all things are equal in the end. I do what my wife suggests too, but always introduce the "strategic delay". She does the same. I guess from the tone of your post, you are as blissful as we. What the hell, a dress cost at least as much as a transformer or a couple of heatsinks (and has better curves). And a good looking chassis is a good looking chassis, period.

BTW, thanks for the post many months ago seeking to help me with the A-75. Still fiddling around with it, and have a ways to go, but have now accumulated all the parts for a Zen V4 (yes, I know, have not got the first project going yet, but what the hell that should not stand in the way of progress).

Good luck. Probably your grandkids will still know about NP's work and what it sounds like. I am planning on willing my amp to my daughter, just to get her to work out once in a while when she moves.

:D

Hi,

also non audio (although it sounds good) is my continuing work on the Rover V8 in my super 7. :car:
Trying to get a bit more power out of it AND make it a bit more efficient :wrench:
With this project the WAF is also very close to zero cause she`s to scared:yikes: to go for a ride :spin:

william

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
I don't have a spouse so I am lucky there
but we have water restrictions now in Melbourne/Australia...... and my DIY projects are ifnihsing my 6x2x2 foot fish tank and getting a new one of 6.5x3x3foot, both with tropical freshwater african cichlids.
MAF = 100%
(Mum acceptance factor) hehe
she's already in love with the 6'x14"x16" with scratched glass and crappy lighting so the 6.5x3x3 will be a winner..... just have to see how the water restrictions agree

dlharmon said:
I am designing a 1500V switching ps to power it. My last attempt was too good it was over 3KV. The next version will be regulated.

Darrell Harmon

Geeze, I built a 2V to 1Kv switcher.... ...For a gauss gun project. (Imagine a magnet field sending a nail at 100fps.... ...my wife doesn't the nails bouncing off the walls)

The supply... ...would be really easy to modify to 1.5KV, it is regulated.... ....I may be able to dig up a board, and parts layout... ...then the transformer would be all you would need to wind.... ...except, diodes, 2Kv switching diodes are a little hard to come by.

-Dan

Projects...

As for my other projects, trying to convince the wife I need a Beretta 92FS... ...with three 15 round mags... ...difficult to do, since I just bought a spare scope probe and a new fluke DMM...

...A 9 to 12 volt in, 12 to 15 volt out step up DC-DC regulator for powering portable HAM gear from a battery.... ...working with an old prof of mine to write article on it, hopefully to get published...

...A publication would be good, then the wife will buy me a bottle of DOM... ...thinking of champagne/wine, I have some that needs to be bottled tomarrow after deer hunting, should start another batch, too.

Any one know where I can get nickel sheets, I want to make a Ni-Fe battery bank... ...I want to build a true sine wave inverter. The controller is done, just need big batteries and some time...

...time... ...does any one have any to sell, cheap, I just need, oh, say 10 more hours per day.... ...then I could sleep... ...sleep, yipes it's late!!!

More on my fridge.

Here's a pic of my fridge mod I mentioned before. The aluminium plate is about 1cm in front of the cold plate at the back. Fan diameter is 90mm I think, 1 size larger than normal pc psu fan. This setup draws air in through the fan and forces it through the 1cm gap so it has plenty of contact with the cold plate. Runs continuously, but looks stopped inthe pic because of the flash. Inside temp is now much more uniform instead of freezing the milk if it was too close to the back. Definitely makes a worthwile improvement to fridge efficiency.

Attachments

• fan at back.jpg
    fan at back.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 139
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.