Any successful 6th order bandpass sub?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone build successful 6th order bandpass sub?
Something like C Sub or 184 sub or X1 ??
I'd like to build cabinet that will cover 35Hz up to 100-150Hz with good efficiency and wonder if 6th order bandpass is good choice for HiFi...
Can I renounce crossover (or apply simpler one) with Bandpass cabinet?
I know that there are a few calculator for 6th order bandpass but which one is worth to trust?

None of those are for HiFi. They're for going as loud as possible in a given frequency range and size.

You still need a crossover, and time alignment gets more difficult. For HiFi, I'd go for a sealed or ported design - they're much easier to integrate with your speakers.

What's your budget, maximum size, amplifier?

Chris

None of those are for HiFi. They're for going as loud as possible in a given frequency range and size.

You still need a crossover, and time alignment gets more difficult. For HiFi, I'd go for a sealed or ported design - they're much easier to integrate with your speakers.

What's your budget, maximum size, amplifier?

Chris

If BP is not for HiFi there was no question :)
I stay with ported design.
Thx

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.