Any Sony technician Online ? Sony STR-DE495 Volume issue

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI

I own this amp and found out perhaps I've been listening to a faulty amp since I've bought it..
One of these days I built a RPI network player & was connecting it to my amp and listening via headphones.

The amp has been sitting in my bedroom disconnected for some time because I've been listening to the TV via a Sound-bar offered by my brother 2 years ago by Christmas time.

As You know this amp has a DSP and no volume pot but an encoder.

The volume goes from 1 to 73 on the display and above 60 sound gradually shifts to the left channel as if You were turning the balance pot to the left.
Happens both on speakers & headphones. First I've thought it was a cable or PI issue bur narrowed to the amp after experimenting other sources & cables. It happens on all inputs

This only happens with DSP sound-fields say Jazz, Concert, CEXT Cinema modes. If I leave it in 2 CH mode all is OK.
Another issue is even in 2 CH mode if I tinker with the Bass or Treble settings the same happens. I believe at 0 position the DSP isn't used perhaps.
Even if You go into the Balance settings & increase balance for the right channel, You can't compensate.
I've performed a Initial setup reset, but didn't help.

Is this meant to be like this ? I mean to compensate for a poor supply or for clipping notification / prevention ?
It's rated 5* 80W but has 4700uF supply capacitors. My old 2* 40W Pioneer amp has 8000uF.

Has someone dealt with the same situation ?

Was this addressed by a firmware upgrade & how can I obtain and flash It ?

Thank You for Your attention

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.