Any secrets to good car speakers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi a question about post 17. from what you say you have the same output volage with the amplifier bridged as you did from non bridged. both into 4 ohm load. Where would you expect to get more power from. or have i missed somthing .

Regards Ian

Hi Ian,
In both cases I was looking at one channels output voltage to ground, what an unbridged channel sees. When bridged the voltage across the speaker is twice this (assuming the amps internal power rails voltage doesn't droop). Twice the voltage gives 4x power.
I didnt notice a difference between the bridged and unbridged peak voltage droop (although I didn't measure this precisely).

Hi spot

All is now clear i did miss somthing . Im guessing you may get some droop when you load both channels at the same time as the psu will have to deal with twice the load. But then again it is a car amplifier we are talking about and i know lots are designed with very low impedance loads in mind or at least proffes the fact.

Regards
Ian

In your original post you say you used REW to set up MiniDSP. What, exactly, is the MiniDSP doing?

Also, since the LF-HF drivers are supposed to be high quality car audio examples, are they recommended for in-door use by the manufacturer? I am wondering if perhaps they are not supposed to be heard off-axis (typical door mount), while in your back-shelf boxes they are probably on-axis to your listening position.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.