Any other Clio users?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, 8.51, and about the same duration.

Directivity maps are my current "kick."

A dozen EconoWave designs with it since the first of this year are documented here:

Flex Your PCD Mettle: - Techtalk at Parts-Express.com

You'll see one done using HOLMImpulse when I updated to USB and 8.51, verified with CLIO afterward.

Originally purchased a used ISA version and immediately upgraded to PCI factory direct, V6.5, as I recall, later 7.x, and now, 8.51....

It's good to hear there are more Clio users! I'm going to ask a question right away: How do you compensate for excess phase when calculating 'true phase'?

Do you do it through Group Delay(excess), look it from curve and then enter it to Time Shift box in Processing Tools (like it's decribed in manual)?

When ever I do that I have trouble finding any good number for time shift because group delay curve is not flat. Like in this attached file: group delay changes between 2.95 and 3.3ms in area between 1 and 2 kHz. That is huge difference and will throw phase totally upside down.

Thanks,
Timo

Attachments

• Group delay.jpg
    Group delay.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 142
I don't use CLIO anymore...I went to Praxis because I wanted to make my system more portable than was easy with CLIO...but I used CLIO for a long time.

In response to the excess vs true phase...this may sound a little silly, but what I found worked best for me was to leave time of flight in the measurement when exporting to your design software of choice. Now you don't have to enter any number in to your design software for acoustic centers being offset since it is all contained within your phase data and there is no room for error. Then after all that if you want to clean up phase to get a better idea of what the "true phase" looks like then have at it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.