• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Any new computer designed tubes?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A lot of the tubes we see around the place are quite "mature" to say the least. e.g. the 6L6 I believe has been around since the mid 1930's. Now that everything seems to be designed using CAD these days, have there been any completely new power audio tubes released in say the past 10-15 years?

The fact that vacuum tube behaviour is so well understood should make it a straightforward job for someone "skilled in the art" to make a mathematical model of such. The same way software revolutionised speaker box design, I think computing power ought to be applied to this field too.

GP.

new toobz

GP,

dunno if computer modeling was used but there are some new toobz.

* ECC99 from JJ
* Kron 300B (which has nothing to do wtih the WE300B, apart fromt the parameters being compatible)
* Svetlana 572-3/-10/-30VV30
* every 2nd Vaic tube, like and VV-52, he even has a meshplate AD1 (which never had a meshplate before)

Would have to dig deeper now (no time left) but i used the 6900 (maybe the 12A4) and EC8010 in my preamp design. Quite modern tubes, not from the 30ies.
but in my power amp 30ies rule from 2nd stage on: 71A driving AD1.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.