Any ideas? SWR 750x

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Whenever I switch on & turn the overdrive fully clockwise level & drive I hear a frequency very loud that is when I have no jack inserted. When I switch off the overdrive I have no freq present.
I insert the jack at passive/active input the freq stops! I play overdriven bass sound and everything is fine. When I insert the jack at active input the freq is present once again all the time. If I mute the strings it is there and while I play I cannot hear it but I guess it's because the other sound is covering up for it.
One thing I noticed today is that when I use the overdrive circuit it bypasses the pre-amp and uses as a pre-amp the overdrive circuit. If I turn on the pre-amp gain and the overdrive level I get 2 signals to the output. One clean, from the pre-amp gain and a overdriven one...
I have no schematics and at first I thought that it would be a bad soldering not connecting the input jack of the active insert to the ground. I'm a little bit confused whether that's the way it was meant to be from design...
Do you have any idea about this one? Unfortunately I don't have a 2nd amp so that I can compare it and see if that's the way the amp reacts when you fully turn on the level & gain of the overdrive section!
In case you know a way to get the scemos for it, it'd be great...

Have you contacted swrcustserve@fender.com? I am not sure how they laugh at you via email. Include the serial number of the unit.

I recommend not including the description of the problem, just say something generic like:

"We are trying to service a customer's SWR 750x serial number xxxxxx. Can you provide us the schematics for this unit?"

If you try that and still cannot get a positive response, send me a personal email. It is a large file and I am on a dial up, so I like to avoid sending them.

Why?

Enzo said:
Have you contacted swrcustserve@fender.com? I am not sure how they laugh at you via email. Include the serial number of the unit.

I recommend not including the description of the problem, just say something generic like:

"We are trying to service a customer's SWR 750x serial number xxxxxx. Can you provide us the schematics for this unit?"

If you try that and still cannot get a positive response, send me a personal email. It is a large file and I am on a dial up, so I like to avoid sending them.

I contacted that specific e-mail address! So you are sure that they laughed at me but why is that? In my opinion there should be a bad connection to the ground causing the certain freq to be heard... Then I found out that you get 2 signals to the output while using the pre-amp and the overdrive and you are not just getting one overdriven signal! Generally I don't think that they will answer to me but I will give it a try...
If I still get no answer then, as I use a dial up too(36,6kbps) I'd be obliged if you could send me the schemos for it!
Thanx for your reply and help...

Hi JochenH,

Nice Question...

No , i dont have this amp and nor i am a technology adopter and niether copies anybody's design...[I rely on my own brain that GOD has given me and to all of us ]
but I have a curosity to see the designs of other amps and wanted to see what others are designing....current trend or fashion you say adopted by other manufacturers...
cheers,
K a n w a r

Spirus, I said I think they are NOT laughing at you. Please try them again in the form I suggested.

Workhorse, I will tell you what I told him, contact the factory email address I gave first. It takes a long time for me to download adn then send out large files on my dial up ISP. I can send them out but since I charge nothing for my help, I ask only that you attempt to get it from the factory first since I provided the link already.

My email address is tmenzo "at" msn dot com. Put that into proper format and it reaches me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.