Any experiences with Duelund Cast Inductors ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I am running a large line-array as a two way system and have 1mh inductor im series in front of 18 4"-woofer.

I tried sofar Intertechnik (similar to Mundorf) awg 12 and now having Jantzen wax 8awg burning in. It is too early to say what happens here, sofar my impression after 2-3 hours of changing to Jantzen: Intertechnik more trasparent, but Jantzen more body and substance, part coming from the dcr change, but part as well sound of the inductor. Lets see if the Jantzen will change and become equally transperent ?

Has anyone had a Duelund cast inductor in comparison ? You find a lot about caps, but not about their cast inductors....

The caps from Duelund belong to the best in amps, in x-over I need to experiment with the caps still, comparison with Mundorf will come.

I have two 0.5mH as my series LP inductor for my mids, crossed over at 3.5KHz. Used them to replace Goertz air core inductors. Not a night and day difference. Some tracks I can't tell the difference. But on other tracks I hear vocals standing out in the mix noticeably better, with more boldness and clarity. And generally speaking, it sounds more liquid in there(the 120-3.5K range that my mids cover) and reverb comes through a bit better. Or as some would say, there's more depth in the sound stage.

Equipment:
Running Lynx-Two soundcard direct into a single-ended class-A transistor amp followed by Accuton cell drivers for mid and tweets.

Hi Blitz,

I do not believe a cast Duelund can make a diffence in respect to a Jantzen wax, slippery discussion, i know, i know, but if we accept that microphonics is the source of the difference you are hearing, a wax coil is about as less prone to movement as it gets. Another brand inductor is imho not going to make a difference if all else (wire form, gauge, resistance) is the same.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.