Any Bluesound Node 3 users out there?

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Just received a Bluesound Node 3. I can not get it to connect at all. It keeps telling me error, try again. I did many times. Contacting web site was not helpful. Basically notes covering the same process, no help.

I don't know if there is a problem, instructions are very simple. I don't know if it's defective and needs returned or what.

Thought I would ask here before returning it. Anyone have suggestions?

Russell

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I guess mine is the new model, it just says node 3. Looks exactly the same. Looking at trust pilot, 73% 1 star ratings. Reading them, it seems to me either you get a good one or a bad one.

Mine refuse to connect, even when wired! I bought it from Audio Advisor, so I think I will talk to their tech department first, just in case they know something else, if no help, return.

It goes through the steps until the end, then a no connect error, try again. Watch a pile of Youtube videos, thinking I just got a bad one. I will ask for tech, then see if they are willing to exchange, or just refund. I really wanted this thing to work!

I've had mine for a couple of years now and have had odd connection issues from time to time. None of the built-in messages are at all helpful.

A couple of days ago, mine lost connection. I had been moving my router to different positions and thought that may have caused the problem, but I don't think that was it. What I'm thinking now is that an Apple OS update came through at the same time (I use an iPad to control my Node), and I had not installed it, yet. The reason I mention this is that I'm pretty sure this has happened before. I hadn't really thought about it, but I'm suspicious. After installing the update, I was able to restore the connection. It didn't happen automatically, which makes me think I might be on the right track. I can't figure out why this would be the case, but it is an odd coincidence if not.

I don't know what you are using for your control device, but making sure you've installed all updates won't hurt. Also, there are two arrows on the top display panel on the Node. When I was trying to get it to reconnect after installing my update, I started pressing those buttons to see if it would open some sort of dialog on the Node itself that would be more helpful than the UI on my iPad. When I pressed the back arrow <, it connected and everything is fine. Go figure.

As frustrating as it is, when it works it is great. Maybe something two or three times as expensive would be more user friendly, but who knows. I hope Audio Advisor will be able to help you.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Well, I wasn't at home when I talked to them, told them I would call back and talk with tech.

Reading a few reviews, apparently there is a path to talk to someone from Blue sound, and in that case, was resolved, except the occasional disconnect, which isn't that abnormal.

I really want this thing to work. Is yours working off wifi, or are you hardwired to router?

Thanks,

Russellc