Any 3-way using Vifa P11MH09 out there?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Andy Graddon said:

Very nice clean mid. Try to use it open back if you can, you will love them !!!

I'm in complete agreement - open backed mids do sound better.
I'm considering chopping a big hole in the back of mine! How to do it and make it look like that's the way I planned it? Do you think a bunch of 1" holes will do the trick?

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
I have the inside lined with the styrofoam wedges and found that this was not effective, so I was adding some polyfil stuffing with the speaker playing. Taking the mid out and just holding it in my hand while I put the stuffing in showed an improvement in the sound. I thought :too bad I didn't make these open back".
So I may try it.
I'll need a couple of stiff drinks to get my nerve up enough to drill holes into my finished cabs :)

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Andy Graddon said:
got pics of speaker's behind?

Here. I've pasted on a few "holes" for effect. Maybe better to carefully route out a rectangular hole with a recess around it to accept a cloth grill.

Attachments

• im001104a.jpg
    im001104a.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 178
diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Hi GOWA,
just my half cents worth but why pad down the mid-range??
I'm sitting on a few ot these myself that got at the right price and I've been looking for suitable designs myself.
I woud have thought sacrificing SPL in the midrange was a mistake, correct me if am mistaken here but if the mids were higher in SPL than the woofers would it not be better to add 3dB by adding an extra woofer??
Ted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.