Another Newbie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Everyone,

Just thought that I would introduce myself with a few details about my background in DIY audio. I have been constructing kits and home made audio kit since I was in my early 20's, so I guess I have around 20 years experience. I have built pre-amps from Wireless World, power amps from ETI and loudspeakers from Elektor. My earliest Hi Fi were kits from Crimson Electrik which served me well. I then had a spell with commercial equipment and at present have a high end home cinema setup. My latest project is a pair of PASS A75 monoblocks. These have taken me over a year to build so far and I have had them running with just 1/4 of the output devices due to the fact that I could not source enough TO3 power transistors. I have now decided to use plastic cased devices and the output stage is really the last part for me to construct.

I have been reading this forum for a few weeks now and today I decide that I should join this growing community proper. I look forward to having some useful dialog with you in the near future

Big Tone

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Big Tone said:
My earliest Hi Fi were kits from Crimson Electrik which served me well.

Welcome.

Big Tone is a very japanese sounding moniker. A good one.

I was just reminising about a sub i made close to 20 years ago with a Crimson module, the remains of fried Tangent power amp (i expect there were never many of those), a Celestion Magnum SL 12" woofer and an Old Colony subtractive XO kit. Added nice bottom to the Quad 57s hanging upside down from the ceiling in our office/store space. A friend is still using it to this day.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.