Analogue Millivoltmeter Scale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Analogue Millivoltmeter Meter Scale

I am going to build an analogue audio millivoltmeter. I have found a circuit and a meter, but now need a suitable scale for the meter.
I have seen the three scales on Audio Millivoltmeter, and like the one shown on the page. However, these are not 'clean', and when trying to print any of them, there are artifacts, which look very untidy.
Does anyone have, or can you point me to a nice clean meter scale suitable for an audio millivoltmeter, please.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks Jan.
Unfortunately, the free program provides only one scale per plate, where I need 3 scales. As it happens, there's a meter on Ebay at the moment which will cost less than this program, but it's still more than I was hoping to spend.

Anyone else ?

Thanks again.

A bit late, but I have done the following in the past:

Take the bitmap image and use it as a background layer in something like Adobe or Coreldraw. There are free programs which will do this as well.

Use vector drawing tools to overlay the bitmap with nice clean sharp black lines. This "layer" can then be scaled to fit any final sized meter. Print this layer only onto photopaper.

It depends on how much patience you have, but does/can work brilliantly!

I used a program called "Galva" to make a scale for an analogue ESR meter that I recently built. It is written in French which is a bit of a pain and uses "program like" instructions to draw the scale but is really versatile. It was the only one I could find for free after extensive searching and does give very good results. The scale I designed was a dual scale with coloured sectors; it does look very professional.
The link to the website for download is:-
Galva | F5BU

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.