• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

An incredible collection!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Considering the amount of effort it would take to catalog, price, list and sell all of it broken down...

I don't think it would be worth it.

That is an amazing collection though.

It reminds me of the legends of Harley Davidson collections. Every once in a while one actually shows up. Not to that scale, but hoards none the less.

Yes, every year or so he puts that lot up for sale. It would be fun to go through it, but it's not worth .5 million.

The collection may be worth that, but it would take soooo much work to actually go through it and start cleaning up amps and components to resell, I doubt you'd ever make the money back... (at the least it would be a long term investment)
And, he even mentions he's trying to sell while the market is hot.. That's not the best advertisement strategy.

I've been hoarding old computers and computer equipment for years.. Any time I take down an old mainframe, or come across a HDD that's measured in feet rather than inches, I keep it. old electronics are cool :). Doubt it will ever have any value like this audio collection, though....

edit- gimp beat me to the same point :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.