Ampslab C200

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I Have build one for subwoofer use.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48732&highlight=

I think it performs great. Bass has good kick and quality and for my use enough power.

I also figure out long time if i should build M250 or c200. Ampslab win the battle mostly because i think it is more thoroughly tested with good equipments etc.

I have been using it only as subamp so can´t tell much about sound quality in fullrange.

It worked fine in first run (except little DCoffset problems) and it is stable.

I also made PCBs for it.

Edit:fixed typos

savenger said:
I Have build one for subwoofer use.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48732&highlight=

I think it performs great. Bass has good kick and quality and for my use enough power.

I also figure out long time if i should build M250 or c200. Ampslab win the battle mostly because i think it is more thoroughly tested with good equipments etc.

I have been using it only as subamp so can´t tell much about sound quality in fullrange.

It worked fine in first run (except little DCoffset problems) and it is stable.

I also made PCBs for it.

Edit:fixed typos

Hi savenger !

1. What are the brands and models of the equipment you used with this Amp?

2. If you made a PCB, can you post it? Or mail it to me?
I would be interested to try it.
Thanks

Hi PierreG.

1. You mean what? Measuring equipments or speaker what i'm driving? (i have myself only multimeter, i ment tested by Ampslab when they where designing it)

2. Yep. But some parts are not the same as in the original version, so pin compatibility may differ. And it is not so nicely finished, because got tight deadline when i did it.

Attachments

• silk.zip
    71.3 KB · Views: 529
new c200 mod

Built my first Lin amp (c200) today,chose ampslab c200 since I will only use it to drive a 10" or 12" dayton or peerless sub.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Powered it up with + and - 60 volts ,no :hot: !

I read about star grounding and read half of this wonderful forum
to find only 1 person who has built this. His problem was that he couldn't zero the output. The little green 1k pot at the lower right
solved that!

It really helps to breadboard this circuit before building and to have a good prototyping PS +/- 3v to +/- 20v to work the bugs out.

BTW.. I ran 1ohm emitter resistors off the driver stage ,set the bias to 100ma,and ran a stable 10w amplifier for many hours off
this board. (with fan cooling)When I have more money I will buy MJ15003/4 outputs
to really do some tests.

If anyone has any suggestions on how i could make this project better please advise.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.