Amplifier SR1DK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My opinion there can be two situations.

situation A:
1. Do not connect REM for 5 min
2. Connect REM
3. AMP turns-on normally, no red led

situation B:
1.With AMP on normally, remove REM
2. After a few seconds connect REM
3. AMP protection, red led

If the situation is B, then it is NORMAL because you have to wait one or two minute after
turn-off amplifier, before turn-on it again.
Some amps do this because may be some 'spk bump' problems or stuff like that when
you turn-off then turn-on amp fast.

Tested as suggested - After 5 mins I connected remote and still a red light only

Check C74. It's supposed to produce a slight delay for the pin 12 voltage.

Also post the DC voltage on all 3 terminals of Q18.

What's the DC voltage on the B+ and remote terminals (both connected to the amp)?

Replaced C74 with 10uF 16V; On Q18 the base voltage is 0.65V on both Emitter and Collector, the voltage is 0V. The supply and remote voltages are both 12.32V (I am using a bench top PSU to supply the Amp)
Thanks

When you remove R195 you actually completely detach the protection, so the red-led doesn't work.
In my opinion, based on the tests you did by removing Q17 and R4, the problem may be in the protection itself.
We need to narrow it down.
Now unplug R44 and then R45, one at a time, and check when the amplifier is working fine.

When R44 and R45 were removed (one at a time) the amplifier still showed a RED LED and did not power up. The funny thing is that if I bypass R197 for a few seconds, the power supply will turn on.

Note: this fault started when my friend shorted one of the outputs. It was shorted so bad that the plastic of the speakers connector melted.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.