amplifier square wave testing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
what is the safe maximum amplitude(amp output) for amplifier square wave testing? at present i play with couple of watts . my amplifier has gain of 24 times.

at present i do square wave test with 5 volt amplitude at amplifier output with 8 ohms resistor with parallel capacitor values between .1uf to 1uf. for .1uf there is no significant overshot in square wave(1-10khz). for 1uf there is a over shoot but not worse(1-10kz). from 1 khz to 10 khz i see same shape of over shoot there is no increase in over shoot amplitude from 1 khz to 10khz

what is the safe maximum amplitude(amp output) for amplifier square wave testing? at present i play with couple of watts . my amplifier has gain of 24 times.

at present i do square wave test with 5 volt amplitude at amplifier output with 8 ohms resistor with parallel capacitor values between .1uf to 1uf. for .1uf there is no significant overshot in square wave(1-10khz). for 1uf there is a over shoot but not worse(1-10kz). from 1 khz to 10 khz i see same shape of over shoot there is no increase in over shoot amplitude from 1 khz to 10khz
Always i do a short test at full power, like 27V RMS/8R dummy load for a 100w amplifier.
I like the hot zobel. :)
Look here. Slewmaster - CFA vs. VFA "Rumble"
Post #967,40Khz,70V p.p

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.