Amplifier Input low pass filter issue ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all
I want to use 1k and 100pf for input of amp to make it a fast amp.but it needs to increase to 330pf value for not burning the zobel when touching input by finger.Is it possible to use 100pf again but with a more powerful zobel circuit? Will it burn speaker ? Thanks

Attachments

• 15785726784955645729451129933494.jpg
    15785726784955645729451129933494.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 157
It may be that your amp is unstable for certain source impedances - presumably its fine open-circuit and with a low-impedance source, but the finger represents a highish reactive impedance.

I suppose it is possible you are injecting RF directly at high level by touching the amp, but that would imply you are close to an active transmitter.

I wouldn't expect there to be that much high power RF in a normal environment - the 100pF should be taming it anyway. Instability can be due to the input impedance being "seen" by the feedback point through the input device capacitances - it indicates the amp as a whole is too close to oscillation for comfort. Adding more input capacitance might help for this.

You know that there's no need for a fast amp to have a fast input? The high bandwidth in an amp allows more negative feedback to be available at high audio frequencies, its not so ultrasonic inputs can be amplified.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.