ampli for irf640/9640

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings all.
I am an Italian music lover who wants to build a final Hi-Fi-based LME49830 chip, along with the IRF640 / 9640 which have a much lower cost to IRFP240 / 9240.
can you tell me if you can replace the IRFP240 / 9240? if so what changes should be made to the electrical circuit that texas published.
not being a graduate in electronics I ask you to understand why anyone change the circuit created by national, it is simply a matter of components, or texas has the patent.
I do not know how many of you conascono appeared on the final number of elektor in May 1986.
For years I listen to my music with it, but I would like to replace the voltage amplifier, practically throwing BC550 / 560 and replace them with op249 that I found in an old drawer.
for the simple reason that if the power supply described in the publication an1849 sound and tone are increased exponentially.
so if so give me time, what I should hear from the combination LME49830 / IRF640 / 9640 should satisfy my hearing much more than before.
Many have told me that a op249 can replace two OP27, and as clearly superior.
I hope I did not ask for the moon, but as a good Italian who helped me, I would invite him to eat good fish in my house, I live in Venice.
Guido Bullo
un saluto a tutti.
sono un italiano amante della musica che vorrebbe costruirsi un finale Hi-Fi basato sul chip LME49830, assieme agli IRF640/9640 che hanno un costo decisamente inferiore agli IRFP240/9240.
mi sapete dire se possono sostituire gli IRFP240/9240? se si quali modifiche dovrebbero essere apportate al circuito elettrico che la texas ha pubblicato.
non essendo laureato in elettronica vi chiedo di conoscere i motivi per cui chiunque modifica il circuito creato dalla national, è semplicemente una questione di componenti, oppure la texas ne ha il brevetto.
non so quanti di voi conascono il finale apparso sul numero di elektor di maggio 1986.
sono anni che ascolto la mia musica con esso,però vorrei sostituire l'amplificatore di tensione, praticamente buttare i BC550/560 e sostituirli con degli op249 che ho trovato in un vecchio cassetto.
questo per il semplice motivo che applicando l'alimentazione descritta nella pubblicazione an1849 il suono e la timbrica sono aumentate in modo esponenziale.
quindi se tanto mi da tanto, cio che io dovrei ascoltare dalla combinazione lme49830/irf640/9640 dovrebbe appagare il mio udito molto più di prima.
molti mi hanno detto che un op249 può sostituire due op27, in quanto e nettamente superiore.
spero di non chiedere la luna, però da buon italiano a chi mi aiutasse, lo inviterei a mangiare del buon pesce a casa mia, abito a venezia.
Guido Bull0

Download the datasheets for the IRF640/9640 and the lme49830. There is also an app note for the lme.
You will find they are rated for 200Vds, 11A and 125W for the lower rated Pchannel.

That limits your maximum power output to ~ 2*(125W) / 4 = 60W per channel.
Each pair in the output stage increases your maximum power output by 60W.
i.e. 3pair will be reliable for a 180W amplifier when you have built it correctly.

These vertical mosFETs are fairly high capaiance and will benefit by being driven by a discrete driver stage rather than direct from the chip. The drivers could be either BJT, or FET.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.