Amp Camp Amp - Blue Rear Panel Switch - Replacement?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi - I have accidentally cooked the blue rear panel switch of the Amp Camp Amp (V1.6) and need a replacement but there are scores of this type of mini toggle switch with 6 poles and 2 position. Does anyone know the correct part number for Parts Express or Mouser etc replacement? Much appreciated.

Hi - I have accidentally cooked the blue rear panel switch of the Amp Camp Amp (V1.6) and need a replacement but there are scores of this type of mini toggle switch with 6 poles and 2 position. Does anyone know the correct part number for Parts Express or Mouser etc replacement? Much appreciated.

Correct description is
"Double pole, double throw" Very common type, all wired the same.
Just pick a suitable size to fit the panel hole.

Joined 2019
Paid Member
And ... given what I'm guessing was a less than perfect experience with the soldering iron, I'd recommend choosing a part with solder lugs vs. PC pins. The part Mighty ZM recommended will work well, but it may be challenging for you to get a good joint. No offense implied re: your soldering skills if that's not the situation.

Try using Mouser or your favorite website to search. Find a part you think will work. Post it back here. Someone will certainly chime in if it's not appropriate. Learning to use the parts suppliers' search functions is a right of passage in and of itself.

If you get really frustrated... my recommendation would be to sub out the exact part ZM linked ... with its solder lug counterpart. Pop open the data sheet, see which number in the part designates the termination style ... and there you go.

If you get really, really frustrated - you can e-mail the store. I'll bet they'd be happy to sell you the exact replacement or provide you with the specific part number to purchase.

Hope it's making beautiful music soon.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Thanks for the replies. Just for the record the markings on one side is: MTS-2 and under this is a 'T' with what looks like a piece of wire hanging down from the arms of the 'T'. On the other side of the switch is: 3A 250 VAC and under this is: 6A 125 VAC.

that's pretty much irrelevant - you're switching signal , not power lines

Joined 2019
Paid Member
that's pretty much irrelevant - you're switching signal , not power lines

Depending on how he chooses to configure his amp... this can be an AC power switch for the ACA. :D Not just signal. Also, someone previously had asked for the part description. So, not entirely irrelevant IMHO.

Anyway for those that want to see the exact part to be replaced - it's in the build guide.

Melbourne - no need to post any pics or further descriptions of the part.

You've received some excellent advice, and a link to a part that may work for you. Personally, I'd pick a part that might be easier to solder. I was simply pointing out that I don't like soldering wire to PC pins. You have the e-mail address for the store if you want the exact part.

Love this community. Everyone hops in to help. :cheers:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
.....this can be an AC power switch for the ACA. :D ......

well , you're right ..... bummer is just - from my experience , mainly with all possible and impossible mistakes I made , not just once - better to avoid that tiny bugger as power switch

better quality ones are good for , say , preamp power section .... but more than that ..... naah

:)

I did scorched at least a dozen ........ and I did replace at least 5 of them , as result of my own over-enthusiasm

:rofl:

Hi - I managed to get a Double Pole, Double Throw switch from Jaycar my local electronics store and I have soldered it in after removing the cooked one. Just for the record, I had soldered in an incorrect black wire to the switch and it was when I was trying to get it out that I cooked the switch. I should have used desoldering wick!!! I finished the Amp Camp Amp today and have spent 4 hours listening to it with all sorts of music. It sounds fantastic already and I guess it may sound slightly better after 1 or 2 weeks if you believe in burning in. It certainly does not seem underpowered at all with 8 wpb, in fact it has a very big sound like a .30-06 Springfield rifle and it runs just as hot as a .30-06 barrel after it has fired 100 rounds! Credit goes to Nelson Pass, Jim Tiemann and Jason Donald and no doubt others in the team who bought us the Amp Camp Amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.