Altec VOTT for home listening with a Marantz Receiver?

You're welcome!, Yes it's a Lansing as is all the horns in the early days. As you can imagine its performance is in a league of its own compared to the sectoral replacements, especially when driven with period correct electronics, hence 'scarce as hen's teeth'.

Reactions: 1 user
Here is the VOTT system that I built with Mr. Hiraga back in the '80s. I wanted a "Hi-Fi" PA system for some small touring and Jean Hiraga lent me this system, if I would do the upgrade labor. The results where phenomenal. I've heard systems that squeezed more detail out of a recording, or had a more giant sound - but never another set of speakers that sounded as much like real musicians playing real instruments in a real space. These just nailed it. They could even bring to life funky old mono blues recordings or make studio trickery fun.
https://www.melaudia.net/ecouteRDS0506.php
View attachment 1050517
Hello Pano, I am looking for some help on a VOTT A4 build I am about to take on. I would like to try an build my own version of the 1005B horns and have no actual horn to use as a prototype to take measurements from. Can your assist? I saw your name on an old thread from 2012 and sent you a reply on that too.

Steve