• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

altec/peerless mystery amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
homebrew

I have been looking at the schematics aswell for the w2 and it is different from my amp.To KEVIN,the holes are definitly not professionnaly made,but they don´t look that bad in reality.What you see is the paint which is chipped off,the holes are quite clean in fact,but definitly hand made.It´s a shame I am not good enough to understand the circuit.I am just starting with this tube stuff.I don´t really understand the circuit path.Do you think some high res pictures would be good for all you guys to help me redraw the schematics or do I have to just learn more untill I get the knowledge to draw it myself?I was planing to either find a psu or build it myself but then if the circuit is not a w2,I don´t see how I can do this.I think I´ll get those high res and see if anyone can help me.Keep looking.
Thanks to all.
Gja

Clearly a nicely done homebrew effort, imho.

Not a commercial piece - it's build on a standard hammertone box...

Trace the wiring, viola! Schematic... should take an hour or so and a few false starts with a pencil.

I'd do it in parts, the output stage first, the power supply and then the input stage - after doing that you'll know something about amps and your amp very well.

_-_-bear :Pawprint:

PS. judging by the components and the turret style sockets, probably done in the late 60s or early 70s... if you did a really sharp closeup of the lettering that would likely confirm it - you can take a close look with a magnifying glass and see if it is presstype or decals (maybe even silkscreened?). Presstype will have some clear coat over the top, usually none too even. Decals look like, well, decals.

The trimmer likely adjusts the HF feedback, btw... ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.