• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Altec 420A (Y) Biflex fo Lampizator monster P24 OB speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pair of Altec 420A (Y) 15" alnico biflex drivers used in altec Santana and popularized by Lampizator in his monster P24 Project.( The designator Y comes from the version used with tweeters attached to the front basket which were removed).Speakers have alu dust caps cut off.They do ring inthe upper range but a pair of new Great Plains Audio replacements will be provided to the buyer should he desire to bring speaker to original condition. My wood turner is making for me 3"cone phase plugs and those will be provided as well .I hope they turn up nice. This version doesn't come with magnet cover. Except the lack of dust caps (they do sound better without) the drivers are close to perfect condition for the age. I tried them with JE lab open baffle project and helper tweeter and they sound great. $450 plus shipping. I can send cheaper to Poland (albeit it would take over 6 weeks) and maybe Ukraine but I will have to enquire at local shipping shipping services. Thanks, L

Here are the drivers.

Attachments

• 420AY 005.JPG
    420AY 005.JPG
    950.9 KB · Views: 391
  • 420AY 002.jpg
    420AY 002.jpg
    815.2 KB · Views: 351
It's damn expensive to send it over the pond.With minimum dimmensions for one package at 17"x17"x10 and 25 Lbs (in order to fit priority mail requirements) it would be around $150 USD each. You better off looking for alnico Tannoy driver in OZ. The cones are original ,no rubbing scratching of any kind. The impedance is 8 Ohm with DCR just below 5 Ohm.

It's damn expensive to send it over the pond.With minimum dimmensions for one package at 17"x17"x10 and 25 Lbs (in order to fit priority mail requirements) it would be around $150 USD each. You better off looking for alnico Tannoy driver in OZ. The cones are original ,no rubbing scratching of any kind. The impedance is 8 Ohm with DCR just below 5 Ohm.

Yes the postage is a killer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.