Alpine MRP-M350

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
New parts finally arrived today.
I re-installed the original rectifiers and installed two new IRFZ44NPBF and two new IRF5305PBF on the outputs. The amp is still not happy. The power LED pulses but it does not make the "sqeaking" sound like originally posted.
UPC494 Pin #3 behaves the same as before ~80.5mV to ~87.5mV
UPC494 Pin #9 & #10 behaving the same as before also
UPC494 Pin #12 pulses between ~3.5V to ~11.8V

That is pretty much the conclusion I have drawn on this one. Anyone know where the TDA7570 or TDA7571 can be obtained? I have found a few companies that buy up excess inventory that may have them, but I have not yet been able to make contact with any of them, probably due to the holiday weekend.

Unfortunately, I have not found another domestic source for one TDA7570 other than Pac Parts or Herman Electronics which are both at about $45 each.

I did find one source that will sell a minimum of ten for $15 each. I doubt that I will ever need the other 9, so I will not be buying any. Some of you may see enough amps for repair that use this part so here is the info as promised.

V&C Technology, Inc.
15250 Flight Path Dr.
Brooksville, FL 34604
vctechnologyinc.com
352-796-0060

I spoke with a very nice & helpful lady named Jessica at ext. 245

PS. To those that may have a use for ten, I know where you can sell one.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.