Alpine 7915 Resurrection (CD Rejection)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I took this out of a 10yr storage it all worked fine when stored. It has a series of issues but considering it worked fine before I intend to use it as a indoor pre amp for a DYI kit built amp project that is near completion. NOW the problem, I load a cd/any cd and it is usually rejected after the deck shuffles and turns it back and forth clock wise then counter trying to read it then ejects it. That said, some times it will take it read and play it flawlessly, load and reload a few times or maybe once then resort back to rejecting them. Before we recommend cleaning it has been completely disassembled and meticulously cleaned with alcohol and the moving parts lubed with a lite hi grade oil, everything moves full travel smooth as silk and lens are spotless. Any thoughts on this one would also be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I have the same deck and had issues that were caused by electrolytic capacitors that had started to leak, which was not noticeable until they were removed. I replaced the lot and it was like having a new unit. The little green nichicons were the worst in mine, causing the remote switching for amps and antenna to fail and allowing external noise in.

The failure to read and eject has now changed. It loads the disk and tries to read as always then runs the disc backwards counter clock wise until you manually eject it. I have tried all manor of things to try to change it's behavior F Forward, killing power with the power supply etc. this appears to be the new pattern.

With respect to the cd mech behaviour, I can't say for sure. I've got a 7903M that behaves similarly and I couldn't trace the problem. It wasn't the cd mech itself as I moved that to my 7915 and it worked perfectly. I assumed in the end that it was a fault within the main control IC.

With respect to the cd mech behaviour, I can't say for sure. I've got a 7903M that behaves similarly and I couldn't trace the problem. It wasn't the cd mech itself as I moved that to my 7915 and it worked perfectly. I assumed in the end that it was a fault within the main control IC.

Kei was your problem intermittent or just wouldn't read at all? While still assembled I turned off all lights in the room and could see no light source from the laser nor does the carrage for the pickup seem to be moving. I'm going to make some jumpers and run it while disassembled to see what is getting voltage and what isn't. This has become a fix it or bust project. P/S if you have any Alpine bits and pieces from that era or know of any that might be for sale let me know. Thanks

Hello there , over in DYMA , JeffP has been bringing Alpine 7909's back to life diving deep into the electronics and mechanics of the units
In his posts he talks about a similar problem with Cd's being rejected on the 79xx series
You may find the answer you need or perhaps talk to Jeff since he now repairs these units

Cheers ..... Vincent (proud owner and still using several 79xx decks)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.