Alphasonik PMA2500A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got this amp from a guy who said it was blown. When I opened up the amp, it looks like there was somebody already who tried to fix the amp (and did a very bad job). They soldered wires straight to some legs of the output fets and by the looks of it, they look like they have been swapped out. Can anybody let me know the correct output Fets for this amp? the designations are Q114, Q114A, Q113, Q112, Q115, Q116, Q117, Q117A while reading them in order. The other sides designations are Q212, Q213, Q214, Q214A, Q215, Q216, Q217, and Q217A. I can't find too much info about this amp or about a protection indicator but there is a led on the inside that is red when I power up the amp and also a led on the top above the "i" on the alphasonik logo. Does this mean something? Thanks in advance! I will get some pictures up in a few.

See attached.

This amp uses BJT outputs, not FETs.

I don't think the LEDs mean anything but you can measure the rail and regulated voltages to see if the power supply is working. If not, see if there is any DC voltage on the bridging speaker terminals as the amp tries to power up.

Attachments

• IMG_4672x.jpg
    IMG_4672x.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 76
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.