• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Alpair 7 Fh3 vs Alpair 7 Onkens

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I'm currently using some Fh3's equipped with A7's. They're great but I'm not convinced I'm getting the best from the design. I did cut corners by using mdf and I'm now think what I've used for lining is not dense enough. Also,.my room is not ideal I think. The lf presentation sat in the hot seat is weaker than being any where else in the room, odd. I'm also getting dome mid/high frequency resonance (infrequent but obviously unwanted, it ruins my favourite album) which I've so far been unable to tune out only reduce slightly.

So, I'm thinking of solutions and I'm down to two options. Either, some a7 specific onkens or, build some Fh3's but using off the shelf stuffing and lining along with 18mm ply like you're supposed to. The ones would also be built from the correct grade ply too and using my a7's.

They'll be used with my tubelabs simple se, slate lenco and ps1/3.

Guide me please oh wise ones!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.