Alpair 12 Open Baffle Designs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
any new news ?

I'd think a 3' wide baffle should get most drivers down to 150hz (just below the Feq).
Just a driver on a board, no x-over, no woofers.............

Anyone ?

Norman
I'd still put a cap inline to keep the FR driver from jumping out of it's frame when those 20hz signals come through, other than that I think your spot on with the 3' width. still gonna need a sub unless you like your sound tinny.

Last edited:
Still in the future

Hello, if anyone is around. I have a glut of drivers left over from spare backups, for sold projects. I'm done building professionally now.
Looking at the collection, I'm wondering if two Alpair 12P full rangers could work well on a smallish open baffle. Either integrated or separate from two smallish bass cabinets, each with two Alpair 12PW drivers, say 3ft3, and two smallish vents, port dimensions to be determined. My intent here is to use similar drivers to get more homogenous sound. I had great success with a single Celestion 15" woofer and a 12P in Onken style 7.5ft3 cabinets before, but am looking for something more discreet and less earth shaking than I have now.
Alternatively, a single 12P, two 12 PW per channel, and the stereo push pull vented/ sealed subs I use now. Actively crossed fourth order, levels also actively set by ear. Thanks anyone, who responds.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.