almost finished hi-vi speakers...with pics!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
heeelllllooooo!

this is my first "real" speaker project...these are probobly the best speakers i have ever heard....which doesn't say much, as i am just now getting into audio equipment and whatnot...

well, i decided that i have far to little patience to get a nice finish on mdf...that and i'm incredibly self critical...so i decided to go with a different approach and use that fake fur stuff you can get at wallmart...while i was at it, i went to town with an odd color as well...

here you go!

Attachments

• dscf0743.jpg
    dscf0743.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 895
well, i decided that i have far to little patience to get a nice finish on mdf...that and i'm incredibly self critical...so i decided to go with a different approach and use that fake fur stuff you can get at wallmart...while i was at it, i went to town with an odd color as well...

Hi There,
I just love your "Muppet" speaker. It's perfect for listening to Sesame Street.
Best Regards,
TerryO

TerryO said:

Hi There,
I just love your "Muppet" speaker. It's perfect for listening to Sesame Street.
Best Regards,
TerryO

was that a compliment? i'm confused:cannotbe:

jk

i really like these things...they look better in person...but this was a super easy "finish":cool:

i think a dark ruby read would have looked nicer though...

jbateman said:
Someone beat you to it:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

From a project at Parts Express:
http://www.partsexpress.com/projectshowcase/exmonsters/exmonsters.html

yeah, I saw those...

now i'm thinking i need to get some fe103 drivers and find a way to turn the cone a bright orange...red fur...call em the elmos:D

i think my next run of speakers is going to be a series of "muppets" its just such a lazy finish.

and you are right, faux fur is fun to say...:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.