aleph woes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
greetings all,
i've been trying to debug my completed aleph5 but still have no output, except lots of DC:(

here's where i'm at:

ps checks out fine at the rails

everything's fine up till Q4 , with around 9 vdc at r114 in one channel. but when i measure across c-e of q4 i get nothing. is this normal or is it a failed device? i'm still getting nothing across the load resistors (1ohm) on the output mosfet banks.

i don't know what else to try!

and why am i getting ~30vdc at the outputs??!!

hope someone can help this nearly hairless newbie,

cheers,
scott

Given all the problems you've had, i'd replace the part but check all around the area for dry solder joints... as Nelson said... both those parts are in parallel and so should see the same voltage, if one is showing 0V it indicates that they are not connected be it because of a dry solder joint or because of a broken track on the pcb.

i found that i mis-wired the source and sense on the output hexfets and corrected this. now, i get around 0,5 vdc at the outputs, which is a vast improvement.

i still have 33 volts at the rails, everything the right polarity. but now i'm seeing almost no voltage across the zener on the +vcc rail.???? how can this be??

and i pulled and checked all the input mosfets and they are fine. all resistors are fine as well.

i also reheated EVERY solder on both boards.

i also checked my pcb layout against the schematic very carefully.
what the !@#%$!( is going on here.?????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.