Aleph P1.7 circuit question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm building Aleph P1.7. How important is the feedback resistor R48 (221K)? Can it be omitted? I understand that this resistor creates DC component at the input and that's why the coupling cap is required. Could this resistor be connected through the capacitor (I drew the example) and thus the input cap C9 could be eliminated?

Attachments

• alephp.jpg
    alephp.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,156
HPotter said:
I'm building Aleph P1.7. How important is the feedback resistor R48 (221K)? Can it be omitted? I understand that this resistor creates DC component at the input and that's why the coupling cap is required. Could this resistor be connected through the capacitor (I drew the example) and thus the input cap C9 could be eliminated?
----------------------------------------------------------------

If this can be eliminated, great. The AlephP sounds different dependent on the quality of this, and the output caps. This is why I have never found the Aleph to be as great as it is made out to be by reviewers. The quality of the balance pots matters also. The factory units are not great.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.