• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Aleph J kit of parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
The power Mosfets have (finally) shipped. (Justin needed to match 240 fets... that's quite a few) I expect them this week.

I haven't had much interest in the PSU, but I also haven't made a concerted effort to ask. I'm quite willing if I can get at least 10 people in on it.

rif

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'm interested in a PS buy, but

depends on what it would include: snubber parts, fast-on (is that the right term?), bridge rectifiers as seen in the build thread vs. individual diodes. Stuff like that, there are so many choices.

The biggest buy in bulk savings would be the caps, right? And I'm assuming no transformer.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
The PSU would certainly not include snubber parts or high-speed diodes. Neither is useful in the PSU of a Class-A amplifier.

I've been looking and it would have the pieces to fill the new diyaudio PSU board. 8 caps, filter resistors, bleeder resistors, LEDs , and monolithic bridge diodes. Also the line cap, cl-60's, and perhaps the terminal block and some eyelets for that. These PSU are a simple design, that work because of the quality if the parts and the simple fact that they at huge.

The savings on the caps are not all that big in bulk, the main advantage of a buy such as this is going to be that you recieve all the parts in one convienient pack. I might even be able to supply them with the PCB.

PSU GB for Aleph J? maybe...

1 vote that PSU-related GB of large caps and xformer(s?) ONLY
might make the most sense, and maybe as a separate thread from this.

I'm happy to leave it up to 6L6 et al.

From the outside, I gather that a lot of people have already put a lot of time into matching Aleph J components, lining up suppliers, following through with shipping, checking BOMs, etc, etc, etc.

I haven't done any of that, MANY THANKS to all of the people who have,
at $75 or whatever a pop I don't think anyone's making a killing.

why slow things down to hammer out an agreement on many other components that would offer only minimal economic returns and might lead to endless "I'm in"/"I'm out" mailing list headaches
(even if for very good individual reasons)?
heck, even limiting it to xformer/caps
sounds like added time/overhead costs (medicinal booze $$).

Yes, I'm a little itchy-excited about getting my grubby paws on an Aleph J kit,
and yes, I may even want to participate in all kinds of PSU GBs,
but depending on all the details. :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.