Aleph J illustrated build guide

Here are the images, Zen. They aren't the greatest images, but they are what I have right now. The boards are populated as per the BOM from the DIYA store page. I cut the ground trace to separate the speaker ground from PSU ground and replaced it with either a 10R or 20R (I don't remember which) in order to tame a little bit of hum that I get when both inputs are connected. The big PIO cap has since been replaced with yellow MKC cap.

The PSU is an outboard configuration that I also used with my F4 and M2 amps without any problem. It uses a single Teabag PSU board which features a CRC configuration. It uses a 3-wire umbilical cord with Neutrik termination. Inside the amp, each channel gets its own pos and neg PSU cap.

Attachments

• Aleph-J Circuit.JPG
    Aleph-J Circuit.JPG
    786.5 KB · Views: 467
  • Aleph-J PSU.jpg
    Aleph-J PSU.jpg
    664.5 KB · Views: 471
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Here are the images, Zen. They aren't the greatest images, but they are what I have right now. The boards are populated as per the BOM from the DIYA store page. I cut the ground trace to separate the speaker ground from PSU ground and replaced it with either a 10R or 20R (I don't remember which) in order to tame a little bit of hum that I get when both inputs are connected. The big PIO cap has since been replaced with yellow MKC cap.

The PSU is an outboard configuration that I also used with my F4 and M2 amps without any problem. It uses a single Teabag PSU board which features a CRC configuration. It uses a 3-wire umbilical cord with Neutrik termination. Inside the amp, each channel gets its own pos and neg PSU cap.

The capacitor that is second from the top is not wired to the same terminals as the other three.