Aleph 5 ps question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just finished wiring up my a5 power supply with 500va trans 2x25v x2 bridge rectifiers and 2x47000uf . I am getting exactly 27v on both secondaries but after the bridges its about 34v on one side and 35 on the other. Why does this happen and is it a problem?

I have followed the tnt schematic for two bridges. That is the positive output of one bridge and the negative of the other are grounded between the two caps (plus to minus) so the other pos output goes to the pos of one cap while the neg goes to the neg of the other cap. I am sorry but I am not yet familiar with drawing on the pc. Perhaps the bridges are not matched closely. I will see what the other ps does tomorrow.

Come on folks, is this a joke??
Is the 1 V difference between + and - that bothers you or the 7V difference before and after the rectifier?
The 1V difference is due to the diff. in rectifier charact. For the 7V diff. try do devide 34 and 25 see if what you get rings a bell...

Well the mystery is solved but another one pops up. Actually both bridges measure the same if you switch polarity on the multimeter but there is still a difference of about 1.2v depending on the polarity of the multimeter. This is the same for both PS.Perhaps the multimeter is faulty in some way.Sorry for making a big deal out of it but this is my first diy project.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.