Aleph 3: rail voltage as dc offset

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
One of the channels of my Aleph 3 suddenly has the entire + rail voltage as dc offset. Its a standard build per the schematic in the service manual and it has worked fine for almost a year. There was a popping sound in one speaker and the cones were in a sucked out state. (A frightening sight!).
The speaker survived, but now as I roll up my sleeve to take it apart and troubleshoot, I was wondering if someone here could point me to some obvious places to look for issues. I searched here a bit but couldn't find anything similar(rail voltage on the output) discussed.

Thanks for any pointers.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
either lower side is not conducting , or upper side went south

there is no easier way than - after visual inspection for loose wires and parts , to check part by part

believe me - after few decades in repair biz - that's usually fastest approach , at least when dealing first time with some gadget

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.