Aleph 2 Board Design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Actually, I could make that heat sink for just the price of a block of alumnium with the same dinensions and a couple of hours of my time. A 1" thick block could be milled to be relieved like thge one shown, and then both sides bored out for the water channels. For those equipped to do so this would be a very inexpensive thing to do. The block of 1" alumnium would cost me less than 15.00 U.S., and the price for the fittings is pretty trivial.
Mark

new design

I belive i'll make my own heatsinks of copper instead... Size is 75*20*200 mm with 4 10mm holes and brass pipes soldered to it. The pcb is 160*200mm. 10mm space between the pcb and heatsink so the most of the components should fit nice!

Attachments

• a2-2.jpg
    a2-2.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 517
Heat Sink and power Caps

JayV,

You will need about you can get by with 80,000 but a 100,000uf
or more would be better, that depends on the transformer and the load.

In addition, Wakefield or Thermolloy might still make a heat sink similar to you picture. I know they made it a few years back

Jim W.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.