AK4490 sings,but gain is a little high..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
final%201200_zpsqvj39ggv.jpg

As I said the gain is a little on the hich side,can I use "I/V" resistor like ES9018 to lower the signal or will I fry the chip?

No sorry it never came with a schematic. All i can tell you is the board has two inputs per side one is for voltage input the other is current input, just after the voltage inputs there is a resistor pad. He suggests trying different values to achieve the desired gain. Hope that helps

I have a pair of Lundahls LL1571 that can be used as 3,5:1 but they are "microphone trafos" I wonder if they can take the signal that comes out of the tube board,I don´t know what it can be maybe 10v?
And that they don´t spoil the sound quality..

The analog output voltage scales with the voltage of (VREFH - VREFL).

Vout(RMS) = (VREFH - VREFL)/5.

In other words, you get 1Vrms from each output when VREFH = 5V.
This gives 2Vrms when you sum the differential outputs.

If you want less output, just lower VREFHL and VREFHR and the output is scaled accordingly.

I tried the 3,5:1 Lundahl trafos at the output,and the levels are better but I feel theres sommething missing in the music with the trafos.

I use my Squeezebox Duet and the built in volumecontrol and it´s working fine except when there´s no music playing there a little noise from the speakers,I guess I´ll have to accept that so that I can use it without trafos.

I think this DAC sound better then at least mine ES9018 with Unballancer outputstage....:drink:

Well, based on the image you provided, aside from the required 56r in the R-IV position for voltage output DAC setup, you could use up to 1k. I would imagine increasing the resistance from 56r would decrease the gain, you could experiment as to the value you'd enjoy.

On the other hand, if you didn't put a resistor at all, it says there that it will use a gain of 16x, which WOULD be too much.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.