AK4118 receiver board comparison

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I am looking for a digital conversor board into I2S output. Ideally S/PDIF (from CD Transport) + I2S (from RPi) inputs, a source selector and I2S output (to use an external DAC).

I've seen these 4 at ebay but I cannot find an obvious winner or loser, cost aside. I would not need the display, nor a USB input, so these are not a purchasing factor to me. Is there any reason I should go for one over the other?

List increasing cost:
  1. AK4118 to IIS coaxial fiber input support 24bit 192khz | eBay
  2. AK4118 digital receiver board SPDIF to I2S with LCD Sampling Rate display | eBay
  3. NEW AK4118 digital receiver board SPDIF input switch IIS with IIS support XMOS | eBay
  4. Amanero XMOS Interface Sample Rate Display AK4118 SPDIF I2S Receiver Switchboard | eBay

Thank you all

Last edited:
I have been using the #2 option for over a year now.

Works very well,reliable switching and very good build quality.
I don't use the display often and have it behind a hinged flap...you could just not connect it.

The connection for off-board button control is useful.

I have been using the #2 option for over a year now.

Works very well,reliable switching and very good build quality.
I don't use the display often and have it behind a hinged flap...you could just not connect it.

The connection for off-board button control is useful.

Great, thank hou! May I abuse your kindness... does board #2 you have accept I2S input from a raspberry pi? The wording on that ebay page makes me think it might need amanero or similar. But then it also says whatever I2S coming in is what comes out, as if it does not process the I2S signal. Thank you again

Yes, I have a RPi connected via I2S and in use daily.

Output from th AK4118 is I2S to an Ess9018K2M dac.

Occasionally I use a Cd player into the AK4118 coax spdif and even more occasionally an android media player via the optical input.

I think the reference to an amanero is if you need to add usb input then an amanero would be needed between the device and the AK4118 I2S input.

AK4118 digital receiver board SPDIF to I2S with LCD Sampling Rate display | eBay

Last edited:
Yes, I have a RPi connected via I2S and in use daily.

Output is I2S to an Ess9018K2M dac.

Occasionally I use a Cd player into the AK4118 coax spdif and even more occasionally an android media player via the optical input.

I think the reference to an amanero is if you need to add usb input then an amanero would be needed between the output device and the AK4118 I2S input.

You really made my day, thank you so much, one more gadget on the way ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.