• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Aikido line stage results? share yours

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Have done the Aikido. 6922 and ECC81. Sounds great. I have little experience, only built 2 line stages with the usual topology(grounded cathode thing) but from the first song i knew this was another story, really impressed. I'm very happy and think John Broskie is a really nice guy.

Al.

I absolutely love this Aikido Line Stage/Headphone amp. 6N1P into 5867's, tube rectified GZ32.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

It sports dual outputs(not compete in this picture), one pair transformerless 600 ohms output impedance, the other pair of outputs through Sowter 8665's @75 ohms impedance. Either set of outputs can do headphones or preamp duty and at the same time.
Since this picture was taken, I've added a switchable NFB loop and the OTL outputs.

THANKS JOHN BROSKIE

dr._sleep

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.