Advantest R4131C 10k-3.5GHZ Spectrum analyzer - any good for audio?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

A friend of mine is selling some of his test equipment.. one of them is the Advantest R4131C 10k-3.5GHZ Spectrum analyzer for 200$. I'm wondering if i can use it for audio testing.? he also have HIOKI 3520 LCR meter for 60$.

Most of my projects are DACs, cdp moding, amplifiers etc.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I'd pass on this one unless you need a good RF spectrum analyzer because coverage starts at 10kHz which is too high to be of much use for audio. For the same money you could get a good sound card and also cover most of the cost for one of Pete Millet's sound card audio interfaces..

Hope this is helpful..

Kevinkr

Thanks for your reply. Actually i already have EMU 0404 USB that i used together with ARTA/RMAA. I'm just thinking that i can use this one for some sort of noise/jitter measurement though i still have to learn the basics..

Wakibaki

Yeah its working fine as he said. i'll probably need to see it in person to test it properly..

thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.